Monday, November 2, 2009

Blue2o





Looking for a sophisticated and elegant dining experience...then head to blue2o located at the corner of route 70 and Haddonfield Road, at the old race track circle. This is a seafood grill and bar. The decor of this restaurant is appointed with colorful glass art...and the seating is spacious, quiet, and well lit. Even the bathrooms are uniquely designed....see the photo of the wash bowls. They have an express lunch for $8 that includes a 1/2 sandwich and cup of soup or salad....or $10 for all three items. That is not outrageous for a place of this caliber. For starters, they serve a basket of warm rolls which were a cross between a biscuit and a dinner bun...they were uniquely flavored and with butter, they were outstanding. My entree for lunch was a crab cake sandwich that came with fries for $10...it was excellent. With ice tea and coffee, the total check for two came to almost $30....and I was lucky to have a $5.00 off coupon for lunch over $20. I have another coupon for $10 off any dinner over $40....but I might not be headed back very soon only because with bar service, you can easily spend $100 for dinner for two....but I will give this place an "A+" and definitely put it on my list when I want to celebrate a special occasion.

3 comments:

  1. This is good to know. I am always driving by and have never stopped in. I love to eat out and this would be a nice place to take my mom. By the way I emailed my daughter (who lives in NY) your review of Cornelia Cafe (?) and she was happy to have a new place to check out. I will let you know what she thinks! Keep em coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Do you know of any good restaurants in Philadelphia. I am looking for a place to bring my mother in law for her birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Shannon....I really don't know the Philly restaurants that well...I do have a friend that I could contact, who may be familiar, but first, what kind of cuisine do your prefer....Chinese, Italian, sea food, etc and how much money do you want to spend? Have not been to South Street in awhile, but that is an area you can stroll if it is a nice day and find a fine restaurant. Another suggestion would be to get a copy of the Philadelphia Magazine...they usually have a great section on restaurants. A NJ favorite of mine is Siri's French/Thai across from the old race track....as well as Catelli's (for Italian food) in Voorhees at Main Stree...and the Chop House if you have $$$$ to spend. A small restaurant with good food is the Little Cafe on the White Horse Road in Voorhees. Hope I have been helpful. Enjoy where ever you go.

    ReplyDelete